Sunday, April 6, 2014

Baby Name Reveal

2 months since our last post! I'll start with pregnancy updates first. I just hit third trimester and my belly is getting bigger every time I look in the mirror. I've always had back problems so now, already, am not too comfortable. I know, I know, you are probably thinking, "just wait," haha.  She is super active and is constantly moving around….except when Ben wants to feel, haha. When we found out we were having a girl, we were at a loss for names, so we bought a book! Every night before bed we would both eat a bowl of cereal and read out of the book together. We came up with several that we liked, wrote them on a piece of paper and taped them on our wall to look at, see if any stood out more than another. We had the idea to pick a name to call her for a week and go through all of them that way to see how we felt about them.  But ultimately, all we had to do was pray and the name came to us.



So there you have it! Baby Gracie! Lena is after Ben's grandma. One of the last things I want to do right about now, (and the next few months) is get my picture taken, haha. BUT, if you keep scrolling down to the pics, a few weeks ago, a friend of mine, Bre'an, took some super pretty pics of Ben & I. And I have to give her a shout out because I just love what she does,  she's super creative and inspiring, and a fellow New Yorker! You'd regret not clicking here to see her blog and her Facebook page.

Other updates:

Ben & I are NOT moving to New York for those of you who are still confused, it was his April Fools joke. Utah, you're still stuck with us.
Ben's last week of the semester is this week, applied to Arizona State University online and we are waiting to hear back from them. He also, finally, came out with a new blog post, and it's for sure worth a read! "To often people miss opportunities that come, because we get so focused on one sole plan that we miss things, myself included. I think that one of the definitions of success is the ability to make choices and to act on the unknown." Read the rest, here. 

We are actively trying to move out of our house before the baby comes, anywhere close to Salt Lake for work. (If you have any leads: Renting.  Nothing higher then a grand a month. Must allow 2 big dogs. 2 or 3 bedrooms. ;)  Haha).  We got a new niece, Elsie Bryn, and was born in February. She's adorable. We are planning a trip back to New York in May for one of my sisters wedding, and we are excited to meet her when the Fox side of the family reunites.
We also had to stop working in the Jordan River Temple because the 9 hour shift  was too much for my growing body, but we are still going every week for our weekly temple date night. We both finished the Book of Mormon again this past week. I eat a carton of strawberries a day. Ben got a hair cut. Our dogs are still alive and in love with each other. Ben finally updated his 2007 cell phone and got a smart phone (see his Facebook page for his new phone number), AND got an Instagram, I'm pumped for that, go follow him @mrcarraway23.

And I think that's all we have for updates. Still in love, growing even stronger.  Pray always. Smile often.  God loves you the mostest.  —The Carraways.
  

 



27 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Her name is beautiful. You are both awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Congratulations :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful name, awesome post, thank you for feeling comfortable enough to share your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look amazing! the baby's name is beautiful. you are gonna love being a mom. best of luck to you and ben.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! My daughter has a very very similar name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her name! Al, you look amazing! These are all beautiful pictures. Gracie is very blessed to have such great parents. Can't wait to see pictures of your special little angel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please don't move. We love having you in our stake! Plus, my daughter still wants to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that name. Beautiful. Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely name and you 2 are such an adorable couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I saw your pictures, I thought "how wonderful to be great with child!" Keep taking pictures! Cherish your amazing body! Relish this moment when you and Ben participate in the sacred process of creation! (Btw, love the name.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know a therapist that can help you with your back pain. She can empathize, because she has been there too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful name for your little angel daughter of God. could you send me your address or a p.o. box ? i would like to send little gracie a few crocheted items.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys are so cute! I'm sure you know that. Your love and excitement show in your faces! I'm so happy for your little family! Your daughter is going to be so blessed to have parents that adore her! Her name is beautiful! Thank you for your great examples! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great name! Our little girl is named gracie Mae and we love it as well! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love seeing your shinning light that you radiate through these wonderful pictures. Gracie Lena, a beautiful name for a new angel from Heavenly Father. Congrats on everything. I send my love~~Sherelyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Be careful with strawberries! If they aren't organic they are saturated with pesticides - they absorb them so well! Good luck with the birth!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so happy for you and Ben :) what a wonderful blessing she will be to you both!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. your precious little girl is so blessed to have you and your husband!!! congratulations on everything. you guys are too.cute love the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful name! I just had my baby girl on February 14th and we named her Grace Noelle! :) i love reading your blog and seeing your pictures, you and your husband are the cutest! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, with a name like that she is bound to be extra beautiful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww what a beautiful name and you both are to darn cute together. So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. so happy for this wonderful time and blessing in your family, love the photographs.... gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi there!

    Congrats! I just wanted to let you know that your blog has been a BIG influence for me. I am also a (very recent) convert to the LDS church and I just started my own blog! It's pretty exciting. I would love if you would check it out when you get a chance. It's really inspiring to see the life you have lived and are living due to the gospel. It just makes me even more sure that I am where I need to be.

    http://eatpraylovemusicrepeat.wordpress.com/

    Thank you for everything you do!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  23. What gorgeous pictures and a beautiful name! You guys should consider moving to Grantsville. It's about a 45 minute commute to downtown, but it's an easy commute! You can buy a house out here for not much more than a grand a month. <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the name!! I think you guys are adorable! I love that you are from new york! Im from Rochester! Does your husband have any brothers or cousins or cute best friends?? Haha. :-) im so happy things are going well for you. I love your blog and wish I could be Bette at mine.

    ReplyDelete
  25. are your dogs spayed and neutered? Please do so before the baby comes. There's been some terrible stories in America the couple months regarding babies and dogs. Safety first and never leave your child alone with them please please please. I care.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an adorable name! I was inspired by you when I saw you working in the temple a few months back. It was clear that you were very uncomfortable but you were there, serving the Lord anyway. It made me think that I can at least make it through a session when I am pregnant and uncomfortable. Thanks for your example!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Al! You are beautiful! And Gracie is the prettiest name ever!! It fits :) if you are looking for a place there's an apartment complex called Foxboro Terrace Apartments (it where we live) 5-10 minutes away from the airport and 5-10 minutes outside of downtown SL! :) its a beautiful place!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete